What we can and can’t do
On this page, you can find guidance around what you can and can’t do in Raglan during the Covid-19 Alert Levels.
COVID-19 Alert Level 3
The Golden Rules for life at Alert Level 3
- Stay home. If you are not at work, school, exercising or getting essentials then you must be at home, the same as at Alert Level 4.
- Work and learn from home if you can. We still want the vast majority of people working from home, and children and young people learning from home. At-risk students and staff should also stay at home, and they will be supported to do so. Early learning centres and schools will physically be open for up to Year 10 for families that need them.
- Make your business COVID-19 safe. COVID-19 has spread in workplaces, so the quid pro quo of being able to open is doing it in a way that doesn’t spread the virus.
- Stay regional. You can exercise at parks or beaches within your region, but the closer to home the better. Activities must be safe – keep 2 metres away from anybody not in your bubble. Make minimal trips.
- Keep your bubble as small as possible. If you need to, you can expand your bubble a small amount to bring in close family, isolated people or caregivers.
- Wash your hands often with soap. Then dry them. Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- If you are sick, stay at home and quickly seek advice from your GP or Healthline about getting a test. There is no stigma to COVID-19. We will only be successful if everyone is willing to play their part in finding it wherever it is.
Businesses can use the week ahead to prepare for Alert Level 3. Any preparation should be done in line with Alert Level 4 restrictions.
To find guidance around what you can and can’t do recreationally under Alert Level 3, check out these links below:
Fishing from the shore
Biking – wearing your helmet
Please be mindful and don’t put our emergency services at risk, together we can keep our communities safe.
Stay safe, stay in your bubble and be kind. We are in this together Whaingaroa/Raglan
Activities that are not permitted during Alert Level 3 include (but are not limited to):
Use of powered (motorised) vessels
Activities such as kite boarding and diving from rocks or bridges are discouraged, as are any water-based activities which might expose you or others to danger or require search and rescue services. If in doubt, don’t go out.