Why Apply to be a Board Member?
Are you passionate about Whaingaroa Raglan?
Are you ready to engage in community-led development and represent your local community members?
Do you take pride in this place?
After a few months of workshops and consultation, it was decided at the beginning of 2020 that the next step for Raglan Naturally was to be set up as an official co-governance entity. As such, the RN Committee has been working to establish the Raglan Naturally Community Trust and we are now calling for Nominations for Trust Board Members.
Engage and Upskill
Not only is being a part of the Raglan Naturally Trust Board an opportunity to interact with your community and share your skills in a whole new way, it’s a chance to make new connections and foster new skills.
Raglan Naturally is guided by the Community-led Development Principles and Te Tiriti o Waitangi, which will provide on-going opportunities for training and workshops to increase your capacity in regards to understanding and implementing Treaty principles, increasing your understanding of Governance, and more.
Board Member Skills,
Experience and Responsibilities
As a Trust Board Member, you will work alongside appointed Hapū representatives to oversee and support the implementation of the aspirations and projects documented in the Raglan Naturally Community Plan.
Before filling out your nomination form, please be sure to read through the following:
Board Member Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
Raglan Naturally Appointment Process for Trust
- Hapū invited to nominate their trustees
- Community informed through RN website, RN e-newsletter and Raglan Chronicle
- All information related to RN and the Trust available on RN website
- Nominations open 27th August
- Drop in Sessions – call in to speak with us
- Saturday 5th Sept, Raglan Library, 9:30-12:30 pm
- Monday 7th Sept, Raglan Info Centre, 10-1pm
- Nominations close 18th September
- Nominations informed of results of application by 25th September
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed on 3rd October
- Interview panel decision 9th October
- Notice to community 15th October