1. You should keep your child/ren at home and only physically send your child to school if you need to. This will support physical distancing.
2. If your child has a health condition that means they are at a greater risk of a severe illness you must keep them at home. If your child is sick please ensure you keep them at home.
3. Our students in years 11-13 will continue their learning at home, and will not be able to come on to our school site.
4. Our school will be open for students in years 1-10, who are not able to stay at home on Wednesday 29 April 2020.
5. ALL STUDENTS (at home OR at school) will continue to receive their learning via the DISTANCE LEARNING programmes that are being delivered by all teachers.
6. Ministry of Education and Health Guidelines are being strictly adhered to. Property and Cleaning Staff are preparing our grounds and facilities to meet Health and Safety requirements
RETURNING STUDENTS – Points to help families to prepare
Students will be taught by our own teaching staff, supported by our own Learning Assistants. Children will be safe.
1. Health and Safety practices will be followed for physical distancing and hand sanitation and cleanliness.
2. Students need to bring a packed lunch and drink to school. The canteen is will not be open.
3. Students need to bring school resources and school-owned devices back to school with them.
4. School hours remain unchanged. We begin at 8.50am and end at 3.00pm.
5. Students must arrive at school between 8.30 and 8.50am and need to be collected promptly at 3.00pm.
6. On the first day, we would appreciate it if a family adult could accompany their chilid/ren to school.
7. A school leader will meet students at specific entry points and will give you an information sheet with further details about how school will be operating under Alert Level 3.
8. Entry points will be set up as follows:
* Years 0-3: the gate entrance on Whitley Street adjacent to the school house
* Years 4-6: the gate entrance adjacent to the swimming pool
* Years 7-10: the entrance adjacent to the school hall
* Te Roopu Aroha ki Te Reo: the main entrance directly in front of the school office
As ANZAC day comes to an end in 2020, know that we will continue to support you and your children in these challenging times. As you have been doing, please connect with me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your teachers with any questions you may have. Take care and keep safe Whaingaroa whanau.
Ngaa mihi nui
Tumuaki / Principal