Kia ora koutou,
While we have been in lockdown and spending time in our respective whanau bubbles, the Community Board and Ward Councillor have been busy behind the scenes attending online Zoom meetings, workshops and collaborating with organisations across our community. Our work has included; Community Response Planning – Covid 19, setting up a Business Support Group, Raglan I-Site discussions, Long Term Planning workshops, Councillor/Community Board/ Community Committee catch ups and much more. We are thankful for technology and the opportunities that it has given us to remain connected and active.
We also want to acknowledge our essential services, our essential workers and community for stepping up to the challenge that the government issued when we went into Level 4, going into Level 2 is testimony to our collective response to Covid-19, well done and thank you everyone.
Coming in May, the RCB will be hosting an informal community workshop/information hui on Wednesday 27th May @ 1.30pm, this will be an online Zoom meeting due to the Level 2 Covid-19 restrictions. For information on how to access this zhui, please contact Gabrielle Parson, our RCB chair via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 844 785. You can also contact our Ward Councillor, Lisa Thomson via email on email@example.com or phone 021 1798 256. We will also be posting information on our RCB facebook page.
- RCB informal workshop – all welcome to attend, this will be recorded for those who are unable to attend and will be loaded onto our RCB facebook page.
- Agenda for our workshop to include:
- Cycleways, footpaths, roading – what is happening/coming up.
- Speed Limit implementation
- Wastewater Consent Renewal
- Raglan iSite
- COVID-19 Community Response Planning
- Raglan Naturally
- WDC Long Term Planning
- RCB 90 Day Planning
- Open forum/discussion space – we will confirm this process closer to the date, as we work out the best way to do this while we are on Zoom.
Please contact us if you have:
- items you would like an update on
- a question/topic to bring into the open forum
Also, coming up:
Raglan Wastewater Discharge Consent Community Meeting – 27th May by Zoom.
Keen to get an update on progress with the Raglan wastewater discharge consent?
Meetings are open to the whole community and will be held at least once a month, 6.30pm-.7.30pm via Zoom until further notice.
This meeting will be facilitated by Deputy Mayor Aksel Bech.
Anyone wanting to join this meeting can email firstname.lastname@example.org, who will then send through the meeting details.
Note: We are proposing to record the meeting and have this available on our website afterwards.
We look forward to catching up with you soon.
Raglan Community Board