Tēnā tātou e te whānau a Whaingaroa, Greetings to everyone in the Raglan Ward
Our whakatauki is an old saying about the Torea/Oyster Catcher, expressing the truism that when the right time presents then the appropriate action must follow:
Flocks of pied oyster catchers are regular visitors to the Ōpotoru estuary and upper reaches of the harbour. They sit and wait for the tide to ebb then they get down to work searching the mudflats for food to sustain life.
The Aims of the Covid-19 Raglan Community Response Plan:
We are a group of community members who have come together to collaborate and support our communities. We have formed a ‘working group’ and are creating a Community Response Plan to Covid 19.
- To connect, collaborate and work closely with all community leaders, organisations, businesses and community groups.
- To update and inform the community
- To provide support to our essential services
- To support those in need
- To work closely with Councils, Civil Defence and follow the government directions and guidelines.
Key contact numbers
- Freephone 0800 800 405 has recently been set up by Waikato Civil Defence and Emergency Management Group for anyone in our district struggling to get food, groceries, medication or other household goods and services.
- Raglan Foodbank 07 825 7543
- Raglan Community House 07 825 8142
- RN website for all key contact numbers and local info www.raglannaturally.co.nz
From the working group team!
Louisa Barham – Raglan Area School, Lisa Thomson – Raglan Ward Councillor, Gabrielle Parson – Raglan Community Board, Mike Rarere – Raglan House, Taruke Thomson – Ngāti Māhanga representative, Fiona McNabb -Xtreme Zero Waste Board Chair and health professional, Anna Whitehead – community member and nurse, Sarah Lancaster – Timebank, Maki Nishiyama – Raglan Chronicle/Youth Representative Raglan Naturally, Karamea Puriri – Raglan Naturally Committee Chair, Aaron Mooar – Raglan Radio, Dennis Amoore – Raglan Community Board. We are also connecting with networks that may not be represented in this group.